axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Uthaiyashankar <shan...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Memory leak in mod_axis2?
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2008 03:17:52 GMT

> No, MaxRequstsPerClient is set to 0, and yes, I understand that I can
> use this to kill old children processes with accumulated memory leaks
> and start new fresh ones, but you know, using MaxRequestPerClient is
> kind of cheating :) - there should not be memory leaks in the
> mod_axis2 in the first place...

I doubt whether it is a memory leak. When using mod_axis2, memory
management is done by apache apr. Memory is released only when pools are
destroyed. Memory will not be released when calling AXIS2_FREE.
(axis2_module_free is implemented in mod_axis2.c:412 and it is an empty
method unless the pool associated with is global shared pool).

When to destroy a pool is in the control of apache. MaxRequestPerClient
is a cheating way to force apache to release the pool :)

Regards,
Shankar