axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Lefrancois, Carl" <Carl.Lefranc...@axa-canada.com>
Subject RE : abstract base type support
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2008 15:02:56 GMT
Hi Dimuthu, list,

I have some questions about adding support for abstract base types with complexContent extension
and restriction.

For the application I am working on, it would be really useful to add this functionality to
the WSDL2C tool but before looking at the code to see how to go about doing this, I want to
find out if anyone has already worked on the problem and what they may have already discovered.

Has there been any work done to try and get complex content extension / restriction supported
in WSDL2C?
If so, what aspects of the problem are difficult to design and/or lead to bugs in generated
code?
Who are the main developers of the WSDL2C tool and is there a possibility of asking questions
about existing functionality / design decisions if I get the go-ahead to add this?

Carl

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Dimuthu Gamage [mailto:dimuthuc@gmail.com]
Envoyé : mardi, avril 15, 2008 13:49
À : Apache AXIS C User List
Objet : Re: abstract base type support

Hi Carl,

Currently WSDL2C doesn't' support abstract base types with complexContent extension and restriction
which requires xsi:type attribute. But WSDL2C is tested with complexContent other than abstract
base types.

In order to have this functionality, we may need to edit the serializing  and deserializing
logic inside the adb object corresponding to the base type. And we may need to provide an
API to inform the types of the element type explicitly.

In a case you want to hack the generated code to have this functionality, my idea is you better
go through the adb_**_serialize and adb_**_deserialize functions for the abstract type.

Thanks
Dimuthu