axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Raghavendra SM" <rag...@aylus.com>
Subject RE: Core dumps in Axis libraries
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2008 07:31:24 GMT
Thanks,

As suggested, I tried using axis2c-1.3.0 both with and without
--enable-guthilla=yes. But I still see different dumps consistently.
Please find the attached file with back-traces.

Are you using the same service client instance from multiple threads?
>>> We have a axis thread pool with default number of threads and a set
of our own threads(about 10, lets call them "database threads").
+ On receiving a HTTP soap request, axis thread invokes the appropriate
function that is bound to our logic.
+ Now, the axis thread requests a "database thread" to perform the
appropriate query and waits on a condition variable.
+ our "db thread" performs the necessary query and signals on that
condition variable so that axis thread shall take the control over.
+ axis thread will create the om output and dispatch as usual.

My doubts:
+ does this design has any apparent drawback when there is a flurry of
back-to-back soap requests?
+ Is there a need to increase the axis thread pool size? If yes, how to
do it?
+ As told before, the dump is seen during a particular scenario only.
i.e: while trying to add a list of already existing users to my
database. For each user there is a SOAP request generated and the
requests are sequential, i.e the second request is sent only after the
response for previous request is received.
+ if I increase the log level of my own module that uses axis2c, there
is no dump. On increasing the log level, my module writes quite a bit of
information to my log file.

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
~raghav

> But thats not a viable option for us. We would still want to continue
> using axis2C-1.0 for some more time.
>
> Are these dumps well known?

No.

Are you using the same service client instance from multiple threads?

Samisa...