axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Alex Bolgarov" <a...@bolgarov.org>
Subject Memory leak in mod_axis2?
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2008 19:38:25 GMT
Hi again.

I've just run the echo service sample within the Apache2 httpd server
(with the mod_axis2 module), I used the echo client but put the
send-receive into the loop with 1,000,000 iterations.

What I observed, was constant increasing of the memory (both resident
and virtual, as the 'top' command shows) in the httpd process: approx.
1 megabyte every 5 sec. After 20 min. all phisical memory on my
computer was used, and it started hitting the swap, so I terminated
the test.

What is interesting though, when I run the same echo service with a
standalone Axis2/server (axis2_http_server application), there was no
increase of the memory usage by it - the whole 40 min. the test was
running, the memory usage was stable, and the whole 1 million requests
were successful.

Should we made a conclusion from this that there is a memory leak, and
specifically, a memory leak in the mod_axis2 code?

I'm using Ubuntu Linux 7.10, Apache httpd 2.2.4 compiled from sources.
Yes, I know, the latest version of Apache2 is 2.2.8, so I'm going to
download and build this version and will try with it again.

Thank you,

    alex.