axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <sam...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Core dumps in Axis libraries
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2008 10:03:25 GMT
Raghavendra SM wrote:
> As expected, when I put a delay of about 50 milliseconds between the
> requests there is no dump.
>
> But we would still like to know the following,
> + Isn't Axis capable of handling such huge bombardment of requests (of
> the order of 1000's) one after another without any delay between the
> requests? Has anyone tried such client before?

Yes it is supposed to. We have done performance testing that proved that
Axis2/C can serve more than 300 rps.

> + Can we make out anything out of the valgrind report or the axis logs
> that were attached?

Unfortunately not. When valgrind runs, it makes the system slow, that
prevents the system crashing in situations like that you are
experiencing. To solve this kind of a problem, it is a must that you
provide us with some sample code that can be used to reproduce the
problem. Without having a way to re-produce the situation, there is no
way to fix this problem - it could well be a problem in Axis2/C as well
as it could also be in the code that you use.

Samisa...

Samisa Abeysinghe
Software Architect; WSO2 Inc.

http://www.wso2.com/ - "Oxygenating the Web Service Platform."