axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <sam...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Core dumps in Axis libraries
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2008 11:24:48 GMT
Raghavendra SM wrote:
> + As told before, the dump is seen during a particular scenario only.
> i.e: while trying to add a list of already existing users to my
> database. For each user there is a SOAP request generated and the
> requests are sequential, i.e the second request is sent only after the
> response for previous request is received.
> + if I increase the log level of my own module that uses axis2c, there
> is no dump. On increasing the log level, my module writes quite a bit of
> information to my log file.

If it does not crash when more logging is happening, that indicates that
this is a thread related timing issue. When you have more logs verbose
logs written, the threads get slowed down, and the chances of race
conditions drop. Hence, this gives a clue to the cause of the problem,
in that, there is a some situation in the code where one thread is
trying to use some memory while the other thread running or something
along those lines.

It is hard to track down such a problem with the log alone. Either you
have to run it with gdb and analyze the back trace when it crashes, or
you have to use a profiler such as valgrind.

If you can provide the code that helps to recreate the problems, the
devs could be able to help.

Thanks,
Samisa...

> Your help is appreciated.