axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Dimuthu Gamage" <dimut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Questions][Whislist] WSDL generation, improved service information, and developer flow cicle in server
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2008 17:44:32 GMT
Hi David,

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 5:42 PM, David Vaquero <pepesan_mail@yahoo.es> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  My name is David Vaquero (a.k.a. Pepesan ), I'm using Axis2/C since two
>  months, I think you have done a great work, Congratulations!!!!  :)  and I
>  have questions and suggestions  :)
>
>  (Sorry about my poor english, I'm from Spain  :)  )
>
>  First, there is any method in AXIS2/C to generate the WSDL file from the
>  code of a service library?
>  Before I used the soap2cpp tool from gsoap proyect to parse the .h file
>  to generate the wsld file, in AXIS2/C, there is any similar tool?

No currently there is no such a way to generate WSDL from C code, So
the code first approach is not possible, anyway if your intension is
generate WSDLs, Axis2/Java provides one (Java2WSDL).

>  Second, the html information about the services is cool, but i think
>  that if this information includes the Request and Response Paramaters
>  structured, the html service info will be more usefull for the WS user.
>  There is a method to include this structured information in the result
>  html exit of AXIS2/C?

No, I think the main reason these two are not implemented, C doesn't
support on reflection as in Java or any newer languages, and there is
no proper way to write annotations in C to describe meta data. So the
implementations are not just straight forward.

>  Third, and last  :)  ,  I dont understand well the load library process in
>  Axis2/C yet (in standalone server and apache module), but there is any
>  way to force the load a library service when the server is up(executed)?

No, The services, modules are loaded only at the startup, But there
are soap extensions like WSF/PHP or WSF/Ruby which uses the same
Axis2/C and load PHP or Ruby services dynamically. So I think it is
possible to implement this kind of thing with Axis2/C. I believe this
will be a feature of Axis2/C 1.4?, just a thought.:)

Thanks
Dimuthu