axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Sam Carleton" <scarle...@miltonstreet.com>
Subject Re: axis-c and apache modules...
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2008 04:23:19 GMT
On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 9:41 PM, Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa@wso2.com> wrote:

>  You can do that by using our Axis2/C httpd module. However, if I
>  understood your earlier mail correctly, you want to expose your own
>  httpd module. Or do you want to expose an existing C++ library as a Web
> service?

The application that I am developing is a hybrid.  The current master
program is the .Net Windows application.  It starts up the Apache web
server that is accessed by kiosks.  The web application is both PHP
and Apache C/C++Module.

Currently all the communications between the .Net Windows app and
apache is by the .Net Windows program modifying text files that are
consumed by the web application.

It is now time for some the web application to respond to queries from
the .Net application.  What I have done is added another handler to
the existing Apache Module to take standard query strings and reply
with XML.  I would like to upgrade this to use SOAP and WSDL, ie using
Web Services.  The long term goal is to move the whole application to
be a web based application, thus there should be a lot of Web Services
being used.

Sam