axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Sam Carleton" <scarle...@miltonstreet.com>
Subject Re: axis-c and apache modules...
Date Sun, 24 Feb 2008 23:02:47 GMT
Senaka,

Ok, I am just getting into Web Services and my Apache Module is
actually C++.  Well a lot of it is simply C+ <grin>.  So from looking
at the http://ws.apache.org/soap/ site, I had gotten the impression
that Axis2 has replaced Axis.  From what you are saying Axis is C++
and Axis2 is either Java or C, correct?

I can go either way, C or C++.  What would you recommend?

Sam

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 5:36 PM, Senaka Fernando <senaka@wso2.com> wrote:
> Hi Sam,
>
>  I believe you are referring to Axis2/C. Axis doesn't have a C
>  implementation, but, a C++ implementation rather.
>
>  You can of course use your own module instead of the existing one. You
>  will have to implement the mod_axis2.c file to suit your environment. If
>  you want any further customization, you are free to modify the entire
>  source within src/core/transport/http/server/apache2, as long as it does
>  comply to the headers.
>
>  Regards,
>  Senaka
>

>  > I am working on a project that currently has an Apache C module in it.
>  >  Now I need this C code to talk to some applications via SOAP.  Is
>  > axis-C what I am looking for or is that a stand alone SOAP/Web Service
>  > implementation using the Apache engine?
>  >
>  > Ideally I would like to simply add to the one existing Apache Module I
>  > have written.
>  >
>  > Sam
>  >
>  > For additional commands, e-mail: axis-c-user-help@ws.apache.org
>  >
>  >

The contents of this e-mail are intended for the named addressee only.
It contains information that may be confidential. Unless you are the
named addressee or an authorized designee, you may not copy or use it,
or disclose it to anyone else. If you received it in error please