axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Subra A Narayanan" <aswat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Axis2/C 1.2 breaks my webservice
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2008 23:04:42 GMT

> >You mean 1.1?
> Sorry for the confusion. Yes I meant Axis2 1.1
>
> >This is a thread issues as per your description. Hence I wonder if gdb
> >trace would lead to the exact problem, but it will lead to some clues as
> >to where it is hanging etc.
>
> >The following information would help:
> >   1. What are the CFLAGS and LDFLAGS you used when compiling the
> >service? In other words what are the compiler options and -l (linker)
> >options? Have you linked your external library to the service so in
> >compiling? Is the external library on LD_LIBRARY_PATH or in a locatable
> >path?

Here are my CFLAGS and LD_FLAGS value. Here 'myclient' is the external
library I have been telling you about.
CFLAGS = -fPIC -static-libgcc -shared -z initfirst
LD_FLAGS = -L /deps/axis2c/lib -L /mylib/ -l axutil -l axis2_engine -l dl -l
pthread -l myclient

Yes the library is in a locatable path. It works just fine with Axis2 1.1.
It gives me problem only with Axis2 1.2

Also I make couple of different calls to myclient library. Looks like only
when I call a function that uses multiple threads does my code hand.

> >   2. What CFLAGS and LDFLAGS you used when compiling 1.1 and 1.2
> >source trees

I used the build.sh file that came with the distribution for compiling axis.
Since there was no build.sh file in the axis1.2 source tar, I copied the one
from axis1.1

> >   3. Are you trying to run 1.1 and 1.2 with same httpd versions or
> >different httpd versions? If different, have those httpd instances been
> >compiled using different configure options?

I am running both axis1.1 and 1.2 on the same version of httpd. i have a
vmware image that i use for my testing. so the run env is exactly the same.

> Thanks,

Subra