axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <sam...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Axis2/C 1.2 breaks my webservice
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2008 01:28:12 GMT
Subra A Narayanan wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> Here are my findings:
>
> A little more background first. The external library that my
> webservice calls is a multithreaded library and uses semaphores for
> inter-thread communication.  When I was in the process of debugging
> this problem, I started httpd with the -X option (to limit httpd to a
> single process). When I did this my webservice started working just
> fine. I stopped httpd and started it normally and again my service
> hung up a particular call to my external library.
>
> Again the same code works just fine with Axis1.2

You mean 1.1?

> My question to you guys is:
>
> -> Has something changed between Axis1.1 and Axis1.2 that would cause
> this behavior?

Not to my knowledge.

> -> Is this information enough or do you still want gdb trace information?

This is a thread issues as per your description. Hence I wonder if gdb
trace would lead to the exact problem, but it will lead to some clues as
to where it is hanging etc.

The following information would help:
    1. What are the CFLAGS and LDFLAGS you used when compiling the
service? In other words what are the compiler options and -l (linker)
options? Have you linked your external library to the service so in
compiling? Is the external library on LD_LIBRARY_PATH or in a locatable
path?
    2. What CFLAGS and LDFLAGS you used when compiling 1.1 and 1.2
source trees
    3. Are you trying to run 1.1 and 1.2 with same httpd versions or
different httpd versions? If different, have those httpd instances been
compiled using different configure options?

Thanks,
Samisa...