axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Supun Kamburugamuva" <supu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [AXIS2C] Need IIS 6 instructions on how to set up Axis2/C
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2008 04:43:38 GMT
Hi Dave,

The instructions are same for the IIS 5 and IIS 6. At the moment IIS
module doesn't differentiate between IIS 6 and IIS 5.

IIS module is built as a filter and an extension. This is the best way
to do this in IIS 5. But in IIS 6 filters may be instantiated multiple
times. That means multiple instances of Axis2/C. The same problem
existed with Apache server and I think now it is fixed for Apache in
Linux.

There is another way that we can do this in IIS 6. In IIS 6 we can
drop the filter part completely and use an extension only. But last
time I checked on this there were several problems like multiple
instances, how URL dispatching works etc. As soon as possible I will
look in to this again and see if the module can be done in a IIS 6
specific way.

Regards,
Supun.