axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Dimuthu Gamage" <dimut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Questions/suggestions on WSDL2C
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2008 05:43:33 GMT
On Jan 31, 2008 9:19 AM, Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa@wso2.com> wrote:
> Dimuthu Gamage wrote:
> > Please see my inline comment.

> >> When there are so many operations, with complex params, how are we
> >> supposed to generate a demo client?
> >>

> > I think what we can provide is empty functions (with empty logic) as
> > in server side. The adb object manipulation should be anyway done by
> > the user. so we don't need to worry about complex types in the demo
> > client.. That indeed should be done by the user.
> >
> > BTW the ruby script I mentioned there, recursively fills the object
> > matching pattern in the generated code.. That works only for "in-out"
> > MEP. Anyway what we are planning to generate with WSDL2C tool is not
> > much complicated as that.
> >

> I wish we could have used the Ruby script, the only problem with that is
> we have to assume users would have Ruby. This would specially be
> problematic with Windows users :(

Hi,

I don't think we should use the Ruby Script as a kind of recommended
way to generate demos.. As Zhang suggested what we are lacking is a
demo client that has /*Todo */ spaces to write clients logic. That
kind of thing can be easily generated from the WSDL2C tool itself. And
we can use the ruby script as an optional thing.

Thanks
Dimuthu