axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Dimuthu Gamage" <dimut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Issue compiling Axis2C client with VS2005/C++
Date Sat, 05 Jan 2008 14:32:23 GMT
Hi Trasca,

I m mostly doing WSDL2C generated code tests only in linux and in c,
So until I can test it in windows, It would be really helpful if you
can point out the casting errors you met,

If your error come from following line,

data_source = (axiom_data_source_t
*)axiom_node_get_data_element(current_node, env);

It s already fixed in the nightly build[1].

And AFAIK there are no run-time failures reported recently due to
casting issues. So it s worth doing a try.

Thanks
Dimuthu

[1] http://people.apache.org/dist/axis2/nightly/

On Jan 5, 2008 6:59 PM, Trasca Virgil <virgil_trasca@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>     Thank you for the help. I did not added explicit cast from 2 reasons:
>
> 1) I would prefer not to touch generated code. Also I was sure I was not the first one
that I tried to use wsdl2c generated code from C++ so I was sure the solution is not to add
explicit cast by hand.(maybe a compiler switch??)

> 2) I read previously that somebody added explicit cast by hand and it was compiling well
but it was failing at run-time.

> Because of that 2 reasons I preferred to wait some answers from the axis2c mail-list.
>
> But I will also try explicit cast as it is a quick way to see if it is working or not.
>
> Thank you,
> Virgil

in VS2005 & C++ environment. I know that Axis2C code is  only C but I need to compile
it in an C++ environment.

> > When I try to compile as C++ in Visual Studioa 2005 I get following  error messages:
> >
> >  error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from 'void *' to  'axiom_data_source_t *'
> >
> > There is an option in VS2005 if the program should be compiled as C++  or as C and
if I change to C this error disapears but I need to  compile as C++ as my project will be
C++.