axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Ben Wyckoff <ben.wyck...@mirror-image.com>
Subject Solaris 10 support - errors in configure scripts
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2008 04:36:21 GMT
Hello,
    I'm relatively new to Axis2/C. I downloaded 1.1.0 in December and
managed to get the samples running under Solaris 10, but I ran into some
configure script errors in the axiom and samples subfolders. I was able to
work around them in 1.1.0. I just downloaded and tried to build 1.2.0 and
find the same problem, as described below. I'd like to know if anyone else
has encountered this and if it is a real issue, or something about my setup.

I built and installed libxml2 from source - not from a package.

The axiom and samples configure scripts both try to use the pkg-config
facility to get values for the LIBXML2_CFLAGS and LIBXML2_LIBS variables.
The error message suggests a workaround, but it didn't work. I modified the
scripts as follows in order to get the workaround to work.

After the test for PKG_CONFIG related to LIBXML2_CFLAGS I added this:

# The error message says I can set LIBXML2_CFLAGS an _LIBS to avoid calling
pkg-config, but it doesn't work.
# So, I'm adding this to make it work.
if test -n "$LIBXML2_CFLAGS"; then
    pkg_cv_LIBXML2_CFLAGS="$LIBXML2_CFLAGS"
    pkg_failed=no
Fi

and after the corresponding clause related to LIBXML2_LIBS, I added this:

# The error message says I can set LIBXML2_CFLAGS an _LIBS to avoid calling
pkg-config, but it doesn't work.
# So, I'm adding this to make it work.
    if test -n "$LIBXML2_LIBS"; then
        pkg_cv_LIBXML2_LIBS="$LIBXML2_LIBS"
    pkg_failed=no
Fi

Once that was done, I was able to get it to work with the following line:

./configure -C LIBXML2_CFLAGS=-I/usr/include/libxml2 LIBXML2_LIBS='-lxml2
-lpthread -lz -lm'

On a related note, the web site officially lists Linux and Windows as
supported platforms. What is the position regarding official support for
other platforms like Solaris?

Thanks,
Ben Wyckoff