axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Zhang, Wayne \(IT\)" <Wayne.Zh...@morganstanley.com>
Subject Questions/suggestions on WSDL2C
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2008 18:48:03 GMT
Hi,

I just started looking at Axis2/C two days ago and it looks pretty
promising.  However I hit a snag using WSDL2C, and I couldn't find any
solutions in the mail archive, so apologies if this has already been
answered before.

I am using WSDL2C to generate a simple "calculator" client and server.
I followed the directions in your user manual
(http://ws.apache.org/axis2/c/docs/axis2c_manual.html#wsdl2c
<http://ws.apache.org/axis2/c/docs/axis2c_manual.html#wsdl2c> ) and was
able to generate my client stubs and server skeletons successfully.

Implementing the server skeleton is pretty straight forward -- I just
added my business logic in the /* TODO ... */ field.  However
implementing the client isn't as easy.  The user manual simply states
"To do this, go through the header files generated and understand the
API in line with the WSDL file that you used to generate the code."  It
will be great if you can provide a step-by-step example showing which
functions to implement in what files.

My other suggestions are:

* Can WSDL2C generate a main() for the client that sets up the default
env/options and make required axis calls such as
axis2_endpoint_ref_create(), axis2_svc_client_send_receive(), etc. and
put /* TODO */ hints to prompt users to add his business logic?

* It will be great if WSDL2C can also generate makefiles to assist
compiling the server and client, as well as install the server in
$AXIS_HOME/services.  This will ease a user's development effort quite a
bit.

Many thanks in advance,

Wayne Zhang
Morgan Stanley | Technology
750 Seventh Avenue, 12th Floor | New York, NY  10019
Phone: +1 212 762-1943
Wayne.Zhang@morganstanley.com <mailto:Wayne.Zhang@morganstanley.com>