axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Trasca Virgil <virgil_tra...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Issue compiling Axis2C client with VS2005/C++
Date Sat, 05 Jan 2008 14:36:49 GMT
Hi,

        I am doing C++ with VS2005 on windows.
data_source = (axiom_data_source_t
*) was only 1 issue from many. For a small wsdl I got 19 cast errors.

The rest were mostly about

   current_element = (axiom_element_t *)axiom_node_get_data_element( current_node, env);

The cast I added it was missing.

Now is compiling fine, I am in the process of trying to use it.

Thank you,
Virgil

----- Original Message ----
From: Dimuthu Gamage <dimuthuc@gmail.com>
To: Apache AXIS C User List <axis-c-user@ws.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, January 5, 2008 4:32:23 PM
Subject: Re: Issue compiling Axis2C client with VS2005/C++

Hi Trasca,

I m mostly doing WSDL2C generated code tests only in linux and in c,
So until I can test it in windows, It would be really helpful if you
can point out the casting errors you met,

If your error come from following line,

data_source = (axiom_data_source_t
*)axiom_node_get_data_element(current_node, env);

It s already fixed in the nightly build[1].

And AFAIK there are no run-time failures reported recently due to
casting issues. So it s worth doing a try.

Thanks
Dimuthu

[1] http://people.apache.org/dist/axis2/nightly/

On Jan 5, 2008 6:59 PM, Trasca Virgil <virgil_trasca@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>     Thank you for the help. I did not added explicit cast from 2
 reasons:

> 1) I would prefer not to touch generated code. Also I was sure I was
 not the first one that I tried to use wsdl2c generated code from C++ so
 I was sure the solution is not to add explicit cast by hand.(maybe a
 compiler switch??)

> 2) I read previously that somebody added explicit cast by hand and it
 was compiling well but it was failing at run-time.

> Because of that 2 reasons I preferred to wait some answers from the
 axis2c mail-list.

> But I will also try explicit cast as it is a quick way to see if it
 is working or not.

> Thank you,
> Virgil

 generated  with wsdl2c in VS2005 & C++ environment. I know that Axis2C code is
  only C but I need to compile it in an C++ environment.

> > When I try to compile as C++ in Visual Studioa 2005 I get following
  error messages:

> >  error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from 'void *' to
  'axiom_data_source_t *'

> > There is an option in VS2005 if the program should be compiled as
 C++  or as C and if I change to C this error disapears but I need to
  compile as C++ as my project will be C++.