axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <sam...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2C] Client with xml declaration
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2008 00:08:13 GMT
Atanacio Reyes wrote:
> I think xml declaration shouldn't be optional, but mandatory, because soap envelope is
a xml document. and as xml document can be processed with xslt, ajax, W3C-DOM or another technologies
directly in the browser. but this is a discussion for a WS specification group not for axis2c
devs.

You are correct, and it is the WS-I gropup, who is trying to ensure
interoperability, that is saying that it should be optional. So we are
following the guidelines and we, Axis2/C devs, did not define it.
However, we can choose to implement it the way we want, as long as it
interops, and that is what we have done. If any other implementation
does not interop, it is because they mandate XML declaration and that is
incorrect, as per the specs, and that is not Axis2/C devs fault.

Samisa...