axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Senaka Fernando" <sen...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2C] Client with xml declaration
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2008 05:10:22 GMT
Hi Samisa, Atanacio,

I see a valid point here in including the xml declaration in the
soap_envelope_serialize() method. However, after querying various
developers it was decided that the addition of the xml declaration was
the responsibility of the authority who does the
soap_envelope_serialize() and therefore has been added at transport
sender level. Another reason to why we took this approach is the ability
for the user to specify in the axis2.xml whether or whether not the xml
declaration has to be sent with the SOAP message. I think it is much
cleaner. One more reason was the flexibility we gain in interop
scenarios which meets the WS-I specification that the xml declaration is
optional, when it comes to sending.

Regards,
Senaka