axis-c-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Dimuthu Gamage" <dimut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: codegeneration and service with no parameters
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2007 11:23:52 GMT
Hi Michael,

Please see the inline comments,

On Dec 17, 2007 4:30 PM, Michael Sutter <Michael.Sutter@ipe.fzk.de> wrote:

> Hello Dimuthu,
>
> thanks for your help. I've done what you said, installed the SVN version
> and tested your client. Everything worked fine.
>
> But normally I want to access the service with a Java client. So I
> implemented a client using the generated stubs from the Java snapshot
> version from Friday. When accessing the service I also get the Operation
> Not Found exception. So I tried what you said in your last mail and
> added the method name to the endpoint.
> So everything worked fine.
>
> Is this a new requirement for accessing service with Java client?
>

No it should not be.  The thing is there are  4 dispatching methods in
axis2. (both  c and java), Check the reference[1]

HTTP request uri (this is what I suggested last mail)
SOAPAction (sent with http headers, Java codegen generated code for java is
default set  to this)
QName of the first child of SOAP Body element (Well,  your request doesn't
have anything in  soap body, so invalid in your case)
WS-Addressing (In generated code for c set the address to the same name as
SOAPAction)

I think in axis2-c 1.1 both WS-Addressing and SOAPAction in soap
1.2dispatching is not working.
Now WS-Addressing is fixed but  SOAPAction for soap 1.2 is not working at
least in the generated code. (Please someone correct me if I m wrong)

 So since java client is not sending ws-addressing information, the only
working way to dispatch the soap body is uri dispatching which I suggest you
in the last mail.


Thanks,
Dimuthu


[1] http://wso2.org/library/176

>
> Regards Michael
>
> Dimuthu Gamage wrote:
> > Hi,
> > In addition to the above suggestion, you may able to use
> > http://your_host_name/axis2/services/DAQStatus/getStatus as your
> > endpoint. I.e. service name followed by the operation name.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Dimuthu
> >
> >
> > On Dec 14, 2007 10:45 PM, Dimuthu Gamage <dimuthuc@gmail.com
> > <mailto:dimuthuc@gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     Hi Michael,
> >     I tested your wsdl with the generated code from latest svn(The
> >     today's snapshot would be the same) and axis2/c svn, and it worked.
> >     I have attached the worked stub and skel here.
> >
> >     There were some improvements in the generated services.xml (adding
> >     wsamapping parameter which identify the operation even if the
> >     request node is empty as your case), but that should work even
> >     with axis2/c 1.1 in theory. But IIRC there was a bug in action
> >     dispatching code sometime ago. May be that was also in the axis2/c
> 1.1
> >
> >     So first please test the attached stub and skel which worked in my
> >     computer with the latest axis2/c svn. If it is too not working in
> >     your computer, better move to latest svn, or to axis2/c 1.2, most
> >     probably to be released by next week
> >
> >     Thanks
> >     Dimuthu
> >
> >
> >
> >     On Dec 14, 2007 9:47 PM, Michael Sutter <Michael.Sutter@ipe.fzk.de
> >     <mailto:Michael.Sutter@ipe.fzk.de>> wrote:
> >
> >         Hello list,
> >
> >         I have a problem with a generated service. My service has no
> input
> >         parameter and several output parameters. After implementing
> >         the service
> >         I always get the error message: Operation Not Found. So I
> >         searched
> >         through the generated code and found, that in the svc_skel of
> >         my service
> >         it is searched for the right function of my service but it is
> >         not called
> >         in the invoke function:
> >
> >         if (op_name)
> >                  {
> >                        if ( axutil_strcmp(op_name, "getStatus") == 0 )
> >                        {
> >
> >                        }
> >                     }
> >
> >         If I understand right the error belongs to the code generation
> >         - am I
> >         right? If this is so I think it is a bug - what has to be done
> >         to fix
> >         it? For code generation I firstly used a snapshot of AXIS2
> >         from some
> >         weeks ago. After detecting the error I also used a snapshot
> >         from today.
> >         There is the needed code in the svc_skel, but the error
> >         message is the
> >         same. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Btw I found that the
> >         generated
> >         code from the actual version contains much more functions and
> the
> >         service.xml has different content - maybe it is not possible
> >         to host
> >         such a service in a AXIS2C 1.1 server?
> >
> >         Attached is the WSDL and the code generated from the snapshot
> >         version
> >         some weeks ago.
> >
> >         Regards Michael
> >
> >
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> >         To unsubscribe, e-mail: axis-c-user-unsubscribe@ws.apache.org
> >         <mailto:axis-c-user-unsubscribe@ws.apache.org>
> >         For additional commands, e-mail:
> >         axis-c-user-help@ws.apache.org
> >         <mailto:axis-c-user-help@ws.apache.org>
> >
> >
> >
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: axis-c-user-unsubscribe@ws.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: axis-c-user-help@ws.apache.org
>
>

Mime
View raw message