axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Dinesh Premalal <xydin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: session cookies
Date Sat, 01 Dec 2007 04:21:45 GMT
Hi Subra,

"Subra A Narayanan" <aswathsn@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello folks,
>
> I have a webservice that requires that should be accessible only by
> authenticated users. right now, the way it works is, each and every request has
> to be authenticated. i was wondering, if there is a way in axis2/c to generate
> a session cookie or id which would be valid for a given period of
> time.

AFAIK, there is no session cookie or id management system in Axis2/C.

>the
> webservice would set this cookie after the first request comes in and is
> successfully authenticated but each subsequent request would just pass this
> cookie and there will be no need for authenticating every incoming request.

Couldn't you use HTTPS for this scenario? Though it is not
authenticate every request, at least it authenticate before session
begins :)

> does this make sense? is it doable in axis2c?

I think this can be done, My feeling is , this should be handled at http
transport level.

thanks,
Dinesh