axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "tom.lake" <...@glossa.co.uk>
Subject C++ and C with gcc
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2007 19:21:07 GMT

I found that shared libraries built with g++ on Linux (Fedora Core 6)
contain a reference to __gxx_personality_v0. In order to load such a
library with dlopen the loading program should be built with the
library libstdc++.so (as far as I can see).

So it seems to be necessary to have a version of AXIS2/C with this
reference defined. It is easy to rebuild axis2c with -lstdc++ stuck
in a Makefile somewhere (say in util/src ), but some people might well
find the difficulty in working out what to do and getting such a system
going time-consuming, as I did.

It would be good to document this, and even better to put in a
configuration option for it (or did I miss it?).

Thanks for a very useful software framework all contributors!

Tom Lake

  Tom Lake   Interglossa Ltd   |    email: tom.lake@glossa.co.uk
  SnailPhone: 0118 956 1919    |    mob: 079 638 15599
  SnailMail: Interglossa Ltd   |
    2nd Floor, Chain St        |    web: http://www.glossa.co.uk
    Reading RG1 2HX            |