axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Michael Sutter <Michael.Sut...@ipe.fzk.de>
Subject Re: custom error message with c server
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2007 11:03:15 GMT
Hello,

I read your links but they don't solved my problem. Maybe I've done
something wrong - so I explain exactly what I'm doing. In the service I
implemented what I've found in Jira AXIS2C-678
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2C-678?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel)

and the echo example of the c server implementation. I implemented a
custom error message method:

 void set_custom_error(const axutil_env_t *env, axis2_char_t *error_message)
        {
          axutil_error_set_error_message(env->error, error_message);
          AXIS2_ERROR_SET(env->error, AXIS2_ERROR_LAST + 1, AXIS2_FAILURE);
        }

and call it from the service method. But then there is no custom error
message delivered to the client. I only found the custom message in the
log file of the axis server where it is not reachable from the client. I
also monitored the SOAP messages and the custom error message is not
inside the response:

<soapenv:Envelope
xmlns:soapenv="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope"><soapenv:Header/><soapenv:Body><fault>TestService|http://auger.fzk.org

failed</fault></soapenv:Body></soapenv:Envelope>

With this response message the java client throws no exception. I found
that the response is exactly what the on_fault method of the service
creates.

I also read the link from Samisa
(http://www.nabble.com/Help-needed-on-building-custom-soap-fault-in-axis2c-tf4538948.html#a13053097)

but it has another content - I think. In the link the wsdl has defined
two exceptions and the author wanted to know how to use them. The
solution was to implement them in the on_fault method.

Now to my questions: Have I done something wrong in the implementation
of the service or is it not possible to send custom error messages to
the client with my custom error method? Or have I always to define the
exceptions in the wsdl and implement them in the on_fault method of the
service?

I have attached my service - maybe someone can help me.

Kind regards
Michael