axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Bill Mitchell <wtmitche...@acm.org>
Subject WSDL2C create function conflicts with SOAP operation named create
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2007 00:31:55 GMT

In order to communicate with a service written with another tool, I have been
given a WSDL that includes a SOAP operation with the name "create":
<portType name="IFService">
  <operation name="create">
    <input message="fw:createRequest"/>
    <output message="fw:createResponse"/>
  < /operation>
</portType>

When I pass this WSDL through the WSDL2C utility, the generated header file
constains two conflicting stubs with the same name.
The first is for its internal procedure to create a stub for the service:
    axis2_stub_t*
    axis2_stub_FService_create (const axutil_env_t *env,
                                        axis2_char_t *client_home,
                                        axis2_char_t *endpoint_uri);
The second is the procedure to invoke the create operation on the service:
    axiom_node_t* axis2_stub_FService_create( axis2_stub_t *stub, const
axutil_env_t *env,
                                                    axiom_node_t* create);

Obviously, this doesn't work.  It would be nice were WSDL2C to add something
more to the procedures that invoke the operations, such that the second were
called axis2_stub_FService_invoke_create or ..._FService_create_operation.
Is there some command line option I'm not seeing on WSDL2C that would force
a more specific prefix on the operation stubs?

Of course, in a C++ world, the two functions could both exist as they have
different signatures.  But I tried renaming and compiling the .c stub as a
.cpp and that doesn't work.  The generated .c stub uses delete as a
parameter name.

The brute force way is to edit the stubs everytime they are generated to
solve the name conflict.  Were I in control of both sides, I could avoid the
issue by changing the name of the operation from create to something else.