axis-c-user mailing list archives

From David Klassen <dbav...@shaw.ca>
Subject Re: Memory Issues in Sample Server Code
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2007 20:25:34 GMT
Actually I was using both apache and the axis2_http_server, of which the axis2_http_server
had less memory absorption. Incidentally I also found a difference in the amount of memory
loss due to version of the axis2c client program used. All tests were performed using a v1.1.0
based server on Windows. The client programs were invoked on Linux using both v1.0.0 and v1.1.0
of axis2c:

Server                        |  v1.1.0 client   |   v1.0.0 client
httpd.exe                    |   24K loss      |   16K loss
axis2_http_server.exe |     8K loss      |     4K loss

I then decide to try using a Windows client against a Linux server. The windows client only
used version 1.1.0.  I only used the Linux axis2_http_server for the server but alternated
between v1.1.0 and v1.0.0. Here are the results:

Server                             |   v1.1.0 Window Client

axis2_http_server v1.1.0  |         4K loss

axis2_http_server v1.0.0  |         no loss

I have already seen both version of the Windows server leak, however in these tests it shows
that  v1.0.0 of the Linux server did not leak but v1.1.0 does leak. Unfortunately I need
to use the Windows server version for my implementation, so this does not help in my case.
Do you know does axis C++ v1.6 have memory issues like this on Windows server side? I really
need a version that performs well on Windows.