axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Michael Mole <mjm...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Axis2/C - USERNAME and PASSWORD
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2007 14:26:08 GMT
Yes, that would be much appreciated.  Also, is it possible for me to
submit these directly?  I was looking at the issue tracker, but couldn't
find a way to do it.

 - Mike

Michael J Molé
Software Engineer
IBM Software Group - Rational
(781)676-2710

Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa@wso2.com>
10/03/2007 01:32 AM
Please respond to

Apache AXIS C User List <axis-c-user@ws.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: Axis2/C - USERNAME and PASSWORD

Dumindu Pallewela wrote:
> Hi Mole,
>
> Currently the auth header is sent only if the server requests for
> it. So if your server sends a WWW-Authenticate:.... header when
> authentication failed at the first request, Axis2 will send another
> with the required header.
>
> However, I think we should have allowed the user to send the auth
> header without waiting for a failed response in the first place,
> because it is only an additional overhead, if the user already
> *knows* that the server requires basic auth, Somehow we missed it
> from 1.1 release :(

Sounds like it is a good feature to have. Lets raise a Jira on this and
fix it.

Samisa...

--
Samisa Abeysinghe : WSO2 WSF/PHP