axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Michael Mole <mjm...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Axis2/C - USERNAME and PASSWORD
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2007 16:16:17 GMT
I tried to run echo.c using the Axis2C 1.1 release, but I'm not seeing the
basic http authorization in the http headers.  I'm expecting to see
something like "Authorization: Basic YJKLa35".  I'm using tcp monitor to
check the outgoing message (shown below).  Is there something else I have
to do to get this to work?

This is my command:
C:\axis2c-src-1.1.0\build\deploy\bin\samples>echo.exe -auth user pass

This is the outgoing message:
POST /axis2/services/echo HTTP/1.1
Host: localhost:9090

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope">
   <soapenv:Header xmlns:wsa="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing">
      <wsa:To>http://localhost:9091/axis2/services/echo</wsa:To>
 <wsa:Action>http://ws.apache.org/axis2/c/samples/echoString</wsa:Action>
      <wsa:MessageID>4ecf636a-5637-4be9-afe4-80e80f0e3117</wsa:MessageID>
   </soapenv:Header>
   <soapenv:Body>
      <ns1:echoString
xmlns:ns1="http://ws.apache.org/axis2/services/echo">
         <text>Hello World!</text>
      </ns1:echoString>
   </soapenv:Body></soapenv:Envelope>

Thanks,
Mike

Michael J Molé
Software Engineer
IBM Software Group - Rational
(781)676-2710

Dumindu Pallewela <dumindu@wso2.com>
08/13/2007 07:38 AM
Please respond to

Apache AXIS C User List <axis-c-user@ws.apache.org>
cc
Michael Mole/Lexington/IBM@IBMUS
Subject
Re: Axis2/C - USERNAME and PASSWORD

Michael Mole wrote:

> I'm looking for more information about AXIS2_USER_NAME and
> AXIS2_PASSWORD in axis2_const.h.  What are they used for, and how are
> they used?  I'm still trying to solve my issue of using Basic http
> Authentication with my web services, and these look like they may be the

> key.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

We have added HTTP basic authentication support for axis2/c client. All
you have to do is to set the two properties HTTP_AUTH_USERNAME and
HTTP_AUTH_PASSWD in your client code.

Please refer to echo.c [1] for a sample of its usage.

I propose that we remove the AXIS2_USER_NAME and AXIS2_PASSWORD
declarations as they are not being used. HTTP authentication related
declarations can be found in axis2_http_transport.h.

Regards,
Dumindu.

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/webservices/axis2/trunk/c/samples/client/echo/echo.c?view=markup