axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Royston Day <r...@mpc-data.co.uk>
Subject Differences in SOAP request packets between wsdl2c and wsdl2java -built clients
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2007 16:22:49 GMT
Hi all

>From the same WSDL file, I am seeing a difference in SOAP request
packets between c- and java- clients, for Web Service operations which
take no request parameters.  Furthermore, the SOAP packet generated
from the c code does not work, as its soapenv:Body element is empty,
as follows...

c-code generated request SOAP packet:

<soapenv:Header/><soapenv:Body/></soapenv:Envelope>

java-code generated request SOAP packet:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<soapenv:Body><ns1:getVersion xmlns:ns1="http://localhost/axis/FabricManager" />
</soapenv:Body></soapenv:Envelope>

For operations which take no request parameters, I am defining the
type as a named element which contains an empty complexType element.

For the SOAP examples above, this looks like:

<element name="getVersion">
<complexType/>
</element>

I would have thought that clients (c- or java-) generated from the
same WSDL file should generate identical SOAP request packets.  Is
there a (different) way to define a request with no parameters in the
wsdl file from which the c-code generation tool (wsdl2c) creates a
client which produces the correct SOAP packet?

Thanks in advance,

Royston

- - -

Royston Day, Software Engineer
MPC Data Limited
e-mail: rday@mpc-data.co.uk		web: www.mpc-data.co.uk
tel:  +44 (0) 1225 710600		fax: +44 (0) 1225 710601
ddi: +44 (0) 1225 710634

MPC Data Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with
company number 05507446

Registered Address: County Gate, County Way, Trowbridge, Wiltshire,
BA14 7FJ VAT no: 850625238

The information in this email and in the attached documents is
confidential and may be legally privileged. Any unauthorized review,
copying, disclosure or distribution is prohibited and may be unlawful.
It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by
anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the
original message. When addressed to our clients any opinions or advice
contained in this email is subject to the terms and conditions
expressed in the governing contract.