axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Subra A Narayanan" <aswat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help needed on building custom soap fault in axis2c
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2007 16:21:17 GMT
Hi Dimuthu,

I am using the solution you suggested in your last mail. That solution is
perfect for my application. But I have some concerns. I saw this line in
your code

#define MYSERVICE_ERROR_CODES_START (AXIS2_ERROR_LAST + 2000)

Will this cause any problems in the future? What if the value of
AXIS2_ERROR_LAST changes? Or what if some other axis2 component (like
sandesha or neethi or something else) uses error codes in the same range?
Will I be forced to change my code because of the above scenarios?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Subra

On 10/1/07, Dimuthu Gamage <dimuthuc@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Sathya,
>
> Please check the attachment. This tries to use custom error codes. (mostly
> follow the way Sandhesha/C is using their custom error messages)
> Anyway still functions like  "axutil_error_get_message" are too inflexible
> to work with custom error codes. So we need to define our version of the
> same function.
>
> Thanks
> Dimuthu
>
> On 10/1/07, Sathya Raghunathan <pappu.raghunathan@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > If i have build a soap fault based on an error code, should i create a
> > global variable in axutil_error_init() function? Can i make use of the
> > axutil_error_messages array?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Sathya
> >

> > On 9/29/07, Dimuthu Gamage < dimuthuc@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > HI  Sathya,
> > >
> > > you can follow the attachments. I didnt test it, but it may give some
> > > hints to do your work.
> > > If you want to build a soap fault base on an error code, you need to
> > > keep a global variable to keep the error code and build the soap exception
> > > based on that.
> > >
> > > So It is clear we should have a better mechanism than this to do that,
> > > I think there was a discussion earlier in the same topic in the list
> > > sometime ago. We should quickly figure out a good way to do this and fix the
> > > code generation templates.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Dimuthu
> > >

> > >     /*axiom_element_set_text(error_ele, env,
> > > adb_MyFirstException_get_text(_MyFirstException,env),
> > >                         error_node); */
> > >
> > >         /** instead use following */
> > >
> > >         another_node =
> > > adb_MyFirstException_serialize(_MyFirstException, env, NULL, AXIS2_FALSE);
> > >         axiom_node_add_child(error_node, env, another_node);
> > >

> > > IN the client side axis2_stub_MyService.c should be changed like
> > > following.
> > >

> > > ret_node =  axis2_svc_client_send_receive_with_op_qname( svc_client,
> > > env, op_qname, payload);
> > >
> > > /** Just before this line, add following */
> > >
> > >             if(ret_node && axiom_node_get_data_element( ret_node, env)
> > > &&
> > >                     axutil_strcmp("fault",
> > >                          axiom_element_get_localname((axiom_element_t
> > > *)axiom_node_get_data_element( ret_node, env), env)))
> > >             {
> > >                 /** adb_MyFirstException_t* _MyFirstException should
> > > be declared */
> > >                 _MyFirstException = adb_MyFirstException_create(env);
> > >                 adb_MyFirstException_deserialize(_MyFirstException,
> > > env, axiom_node_get_first_child( ret_node));
> > >
> > >                 /** so you have the same _MyFirstException you created
> > > at
> > >                  * onfault is here, just do the processing at here
> > > manually */
> > >             }

Is