axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Vasile PAIS" <vasile.p...@inflpr.ro>
Subject Re: string return param from service
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2007 17:13:43 GMT
Hi Michael,

I encountered the same problem some time ago and I solved it by
dynamically allocating the memory for the string variable, inside the
function:

char *s=(char*)malloc(SIZE+1);  // Don't forget to add +1 for the final \0
character
strcpy(s,"STRING");

I think this happens because the "...._set_return" will just copy the
pointer address, which is no longer available when you exit the function.

Hope this helps,
Vasile

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Sutter <Michael.Sutter@ipe.fzk.de>
To: Apache AXIS C User List <axis-c-user@ws.apache.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 18:28:01 +0200
Subject: string return param from service

Hello list,

I have a problem with a service having a string input and return
parameter. The problem is that the return string is only initialized
when the given string is a global variable. If I declare the string
inside the service method I always get NULL on my client side.
Does anybody know how to declare and return the string inside the
service right?
Below you can find the service implementation.

Regards Michael

     #include "axis2_skel_TestService.h"
     #include "myadd.h"
     #include <string.h>

     char returnString[] = "version 0.0.1";

adb_versionResponse_t* axis2_skel_TestService_version (const
axutil_env_t *env  , adb_version_t* version )
        {

      printf("string %s \n", adb_version_get_input(version, env));
          adb_versionResponse_t* return_node =
adb_versionResponse_create(env );

      adb_versionResponse_set_return(return_node, env, returnString);
          return return_node;
        }

Prezentul mesaj si orice fisier atasat constituie informatie confidentiala si este proprietatea
exclusiva a INFLPR. Mesajul se adreseaza numai persoanei fizice sau juridice mentionata ca
destinatara, precum si persoanelor autorizate sa-l primeasca. In cazul in care nu sunteti
destinatarul vizat sau persoana autorizata sa primiti acest mesaj , va aducem la cunostinta
ca dezvaluirea, copierea, distribuirea sau initierea unor actiuni pe baza prezentei informatii
sunt strict interzise si atrag raspunderea dvs. civila si penala. Daca ati primit acest mesaj
dintr-o eroare, va rugam sa ne anuntati imediat si sa-l stergeti apoi din sistemul dvs. Nu
putem garanta ca transmisia acestui mesaj este securizata sau fara erori.

This message and any files or documents attached are classified as INFLPR confidential and
Proprietary Information. It is intended only for the individual or entity named and others
authorized to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient or authorized to receive it,
you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in
reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If
you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately then delete it
from your system.Please also note that transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free.