axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Michael Mole <mjm...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Axis2C: linker error: _axutil_error_messages
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2007 19:38:10 GMT
I'm getting a linker error and cannot figure out how to resolve it.  I'm
wondering if anyone else has seen a linker error about
_axutil_error_messages?  The scenario is described below.

I am coding in C++ and have two classes: class_A and class_B.

Class_A has a private member of type axis2_char_t*.  It in turn has an
include statement: #include <axis2_util.h>.

Class_B has a private member of type "class_A*."  It in turn has an
include statement: #include <class_A.h>.  Class_B has no references to any
axis headers or types.

I'm trying to create a dll, but when I build (on Windows), I get an error
at the linker stage and in turn failure which says:
class_B.o : warning LNK4006: _axutil_error_messages already defined in
class_A.o; second definition ignored
LIB : error LNK1218: warning treated as error; no output file generated
*** Error code 4006

I checked the symbol tables for class_A.o and class_B.o and they both
contain  "_axutil_error_messages".

Beyond this, I'm stuck.  Why is this symbol showing up in both places?  Am
I linking correctly?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Michael J Molé
Software Engineer
IBM Software Group - Rational