axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <sam...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: REST with Axis2/C
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2007 01:22:06 GMT
Sorry about the late reply - please see my comments in line.
Subra A Narayanan wrote:
> Good Morning Samisa,
>
> Could you pls elaborate a little bit more on ur statement "The problem
> you would have to solve in
> this case would be, how to handle the resources requested to a service."
First, there is an error in my statement. It is not "how to handle",
rather it should be "how to map". Sorry about that.
Now to what I meant; when the request comes, you have to locate the
service. In Axis2/C jargon, we call this process 'dispatching', and
there are multiple dispatch mechanisms - from those request URL based
dispatcher could be used for REST case.

> I am not sure I understand that correctly.
>
> Also can you point me to code in Axis2/C framework where I could begin
> looking to get ideas for my module (this is the first time I will be
> writing one). Also I will start looking into libcurl. Is threading a
> major issue that needs to be dealt with while writing modules?
Our apache module code is located inside the folder
src/core/transport/http/server/apache2/

Threading is not an issue - APR, the core library that httpd runs on,
handles those for you - you just have to worry about how to handle requests.

Thanks,
Samisa...

--
Samisa Abeysinghe : WSO2 WSF/C