axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <sam...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: REST with Axis2/C
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2007 01:07:56 GMT
Subra A Narayanan wrote:
> Samisa,
>
> Thank you for ur reply.
>
> I think I agree with ur views. I think I will have to look for other
> ways of supporting REST for my web service. I was loking in to writing
> my own apache module since all I need is access to the request_rec
> struct, parse the uri and then call the same library (its a c++
> library with a C like interface) that I call from my SOAP web service.
>
> Do you think thats what I need? Do you think it would be better to use
> some other library/framework rather than writing my own module? Do you
> know of any such framework for REST?
There are no C REST libraries as such that I know of out there. However,
you can leverage the features of an HTTP library like libcurl. libcurl
is a client side library though. Hence it looks it is better to write
your own Apache httpd module for the server side, because then you have
control over what you could do. The problem you would have to solve in
this case would be, how to handle the resources requested to a service.
I think it would not be a big deal to come up with a mechanism - you can
even get some ideas and/or code form Axis2/C to do that. Axis2/C code
also has a mime parser, so you can use that code too to pick up MIME
attachments form requests.

Thanks,
Samisa...

--