axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Murali Konnipati" <murali.konnip...@altair.com>
Subject RE: how to set the username & password dynamically using Rampart
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2007 15:03:02 GMT
Hi Kaushalye,

      Thank you very much for your help Kaushalye.
      I tried the method you mentioned in your reply and but is giving some problem in the
client log file.

     The log message is "Input Stream is NULL in msg_ctx"

      Can you provide some details on when the client generates this type of error.

Thanks & Regards,

Murali Krishna K

-----Original Message-----
From: Kaushalye Kapuruge
To: Apache AXIS C User List
Sent: 9/25/07 8:25 PM
Subject: Re: how to set the username & password dynamically using Rampart

Murali Konnipati wrote:

>  Hi Kaushalye,
>
>      Thank you very much for an information reply.
>      As per your procedure, i need to write the username in the
> configuration file(axis2.xml). But i want to set the username
> dynamically at runtime in the client program.
>
>      Is it possible to set the username dynamically in Rampart C API.
> Can you please provide some insights on this.
>

> P:S I am using rampart_context_set_user() &
> rampart_context_set_password() methods in RAMPART API to set the
> username & password in my code.

Actually this is something we have not supported. You may try to create
and use a rampart context. And please have a look at rampart_context.h
and rampart_usernametoken.h files.
Cheers,
Kaushalye

> Thanks & Regards,
>
> Murali Krishna K

Rampart

sp:IncludeToken="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/07/securitypolicy/In
> cludeToken/Always"/>
>             </wsp:Policy>
> </sp:SignedSupportingTokens>
>
> In addition you need to tell, which username should be included in the
> Usernametoken. This can be done using following assertion under
> <RampartConfigs>
> <rampc:User>Alice</rampc:User>
>
> Like for the user name we do not specify the password in the
> configuration file. instead we use a password callback mechanism,
where
> we get a password for the above mentioned user name. The user has to
> specify a DLL or a module to load the password from. For this,
following

> assertion is used.

<rampc:PasswordCallbackClass>/home/Alice/my_modules/pwcb.so</rampc:Passw