axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Dinesh Premalal <xydin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: REST with Axis2/C
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2007 04:03:57 GMT
Hi Subra,
"Subra A Narayanan" <aswathsn@gmail.com> writes:
> So the solution looks like writing an Apache module (I have never written one
> before) which receives the REST request, translates the request to a SOAP
> request and then forwards it on to Axis2/c. But this is exactly what Axis2/C is
> also doing.
Yes, that is also a possibility. However I think it will be quite
arduous to maintain two apache modules in the long run. I would rather
like improving Axis2/C REST support.
> I want to start looking in to improving REST support in Axis2/C. Is
> it doable?
Yes, It is.
> Am I missing something very obvious which would prevent us from implementing
> such support in Axis2? If not please let me know as to where I should start
> looking in the Axis2 source.
You could start at looking HTTP transport I guess. If you could debug
echo_rest sample, it will be helpful to understand the underlying
logic.

thanks,
Dinesh
--