axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Subra A Narayanan" <aswat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: REST with Axis2/C
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2007 02:57:06 GMT
Samisa,

I have been looking at the code that you pointed me to and trying to figure
out how REST works. Right now, the method name needs to be in the URL for
REST to work. To make Axis2/C more RESTful, we would need a way to map HTTP
methods and keywords in the URI to map to webservice method names. I will
take amazon s3  service to explain what I mean. Look at the following 2
requests:

#1 get object request

GET /[bucket-name]/[key-name] HTTP/1.0
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 04:06:18 GMT
Authorization: AWS [aws-access-key-id]:[header-signature]
Host: s3.amazonaws.com

#2 delete object request

DELETE /[bucket-name]/[key-name] HTTP/1.0
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 04:06:19 GMT
Authorization: AWS [aws-access-key-id]:[header-signature]
Host: s3.amazonaws.com

The above 2 requests look exactly the same except for their HTTP methods:
GET vs DELETE. In Axis2/C I think we would need a way to may HTTP method
name/key word in URI to be mapped to a webservice operation name so that the
soap request can be formed accordingly.

Do you have suggestions as to how this can be done in a generic way?

Thanks,
Subra