axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Subra A Narayanan" <aswat...@gmail.com>
Subject Service compilation problem
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2007 21:22:38 GMT
Hello folks,

I am trying to compile the 'math' service from the samples directory without
using the make file provided with the samples. I used the instructions from
the Axic2/C manual (http://ws.apache.org/axis2/c/docs/axis2c_manual.html)

I used the following commands to compile:

gcc -c -omath.o -I/usr/local/axis2c/include/axis2-1.0/
-L/usr/local/axis2c/lib -fPIC math.c
gcc -c -omath_skeleton.o -I/usr/local/axis2c/include/axis2-1.0/
-L/usr/local/axis2c/lib -fPIC math_skeleton.c
gcc -shared math.o math_skeleton.o -L/usr/local/axis2c/lib -laxis2 -
olibmath.so

I see a libmath.so file being generated. But my service doesn't work. I do
realize that the above commands do not generate the following files which
are generated if I use the make file:

libmath.a
libmath.la
libmath.so.0
libmath.so.0.0.0

What am I doing wrong? I am trying this so that I can compile my own web
services without having to rely on the make file. I have written my web
service but I cannot test it as I am stuck at this point.

Any help or pointers in the right direction would be greatly helpful.

TIA

Subra