axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <sam...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Large Attachment support in Axis2/C
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2007 01:30:52 GMT
Subra A Narayanan wrote:
> Samisa,
>
> One more thing that I noticed today was that the web server where my
> service is running becomes non-responsive when it is receiving an
> attachment. I should let you know that for the time being, i am using
> my laptop as the web server. i am running 64 bit linux using VM ware
> virtual machine on windows xp professional. Is there any way I can
> change axis2/apache settings so as to improve the performance?
Are you running the apache server in debug mode with -X option? If yes,
you may try the non-debug mode of apache. If not, it could be due to the
fact that you are using VM ware. However, I will also test it with a
large attachment and see if there is a problem. I have tested large
attachments with simple axis server without much problem.

> Also is there any recommended limit on attachment size in Axis2/C
> since caching is not available yet? I was easily able to transmit a
> 3.5 MB file but when I tried a 5 MB file, the server recvd only a part
> of the file about 2.8 MB.
This needs further investigation. Let me have a look into this with the
Apache module.

Samisa...

--
Samisa Abeysinghe : WSO2 WSF/C