axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Dumindu Pallewela <dumi...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Axis2/C - USERNAME and PASSWORD
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2007 11:38:56 GMT
Michael Mole wrote:

> I'm looking for more information about AXIS2_USER_NAME and
> AXIS2_PASSWORD in axis2_const.h.  What are they used for, and how are
> they used?  I'm still trying to solve my issue of using Basic http
> Authentication with my web services, and these look like they may be the
> key.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

We have added HTTP basic authentication support for axis2/c client. All
you have to do is to set the two properties HTTP_AUTH_USERNAME and
HTTP_AUTH_PASSWD in your client code.

Please refer to echo.c [1] for a sample of its usage.

I propose that we remove the AXIS2_USER_NAME and AXIS2_PASSWORD
declarations as they are not being used. HTTP authentication related
declarations can be found in axis2_http_transport.h.

Regards,
Dumindu.

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/webservices/axis2/trunk/c/samples/client/echo/echo.c?view=markup