axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Jamie Lyon" ...@it-innovation.soton.ac.uk>
Subject RE: [Rampart/C | Neethi/C] Possible to get the currentx509security certificate from a policy?
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2007 11:38:40 GMT
Thanks, that part is fine -- there's some very useful helper functions
there.

My primary question however is that in my policy.xml I've got:
<rampc:RampartConfig
xmlns:rampc="http://ws.apache.org/rampart/c/policy">
<rampc:Certificate>/my/path/mycert.pem</rampc:Certificate>
<rampc:PrivateKey>/my/path/mykey.pem</rampc:PrivateKey>
</rampc:RampartConfig>

This works fine, and the correct certificates/keys are included in
rampart, but I can't work out how, in code, to get the filenames listed
in policy.xml. This is why I mention neethi -- I want to be able to
access some of the information in that loaded policy, but I can't seem
to work out the correct way of doing so.

In pseudo-code, this is what I'd like to be able to do:
neethi_policy_t* policy = neethi_util_create_policy_from_file( axisEnv,
filename );

///*************** This line is what I need to be able to do********
char* certFilename = get_certificate_filename_from_policy( policy );
///*****************************************************************

X509* cert;
openssl_x509_load_from_pem( axisEnv, certFilename, &cert );

Thanks,
Jamie

You
> need to do it in your own. You can use OpenSSL directly to read from
> certficate or can use methods in rampart/src/omxmlsec/openssl
> seperately. please see  rampart/src/omxmlsec/openssl/x509.C to get an
> idea of using openssl functions.
>
> Thanks
> -Manjula.
>

> > Sorry for not being overly clear.
> >
> > Basically I've loaded a policy using:
> > neethi_policy* policy = neethi_util_create_policy_from_file(
axisEnv,
> > fileName );
> >
> > Then applied it to the service client using:
> > axis2_svc_client_set_policy( svcClient, axisEnv, policy );
> >
> > Now if possible I would like to be able to get the OpenSSL
structures
> > (i.e. the struct named 'X509'); or just some way of obtaining the
> > subject DN and certificate string from the certificate in that
policy.

> > I suppose the filename of that certificate would also suffice, as I
> > could then load it in manually, though a pre-loaded one would be
> > preferable.
> >
> > The ultimate goal is to access the current security token to include
it
> > in my message payload (not as part of the security header, or
> > ws-security, which is why I was wary about mentioning rampart).
> >
> > Hopefully that clears things up :)
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Jamie

of
> > > OpenSSL functions are called from Rampart/C, not through Neethi.
Here
> > > what do You mean by OpenSSL construct of policy?

> > > If you have the buffer containing the base64 string of the key you
can
> > > attached it to the message by setting it in the rampart_context.
You