axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Dinesh Premalal <xydin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multithreading again
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2007 14:55:29 GMT
Hi Mark,
Mark Nüßler <mark.nuessler@9elements.com> writes:

> hello users,
>
> i have taken the modified sample to test it with the
> normal echo-service in my enviroment :
>
> winXP
> vs2005cpp
> axis2_c (svn 28.06.07) build with
> ENABLE_LIBCURL = 1
> LIBCURL_BIN_DIR = mypath\libcurl-7.15.1-msvc-win32-ssl-0.9.8a-zlib-1.2.3
>
> when i start more then one thread, i have different kinds of errors
> and the program crashes.
AFAIK we didn't test libcurl enabled clients in multithreaded
environment :(
> ... or if there is an issue around libcurl.dll. one of the errors that
> occurs is, that the program breaks at axis2_libcurl.c in line 305
> "curl_easy_perform (handler);"
curl_easy_perform is not thread safe [1], that could be the reason for
crashing your program. We might happen to use curl_share_interface [2]
for multi threaded environments.
> at the moment this is not critical for me, i just want to give my
> feedback in "testing client multithreading on Windows"
Your enthusiasm on sending feedback appreciated.

thanks,
Dinesh

1.http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/curl_easy_perform.html
2.http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/libcurl-share.html