axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Subra A Narayanan" <aswat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2/C] Attachments in Axis2/C
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2007 02:22:31 GMT
Hello Samisa,

Thanks for the quick reply. Your answers are helping me understand whats
doable and whats not.

One of the requirements for the project that I am working on is that we have
to let the clients make REST calls to our web service.

Having said that, one more clarification. Pls tell me if this is
theoretically possible to achieve in Axis2/C. And I apologize in advance if
what I am saying doesn't make much sense:

--> I will have a Axis2/C web service with REST enabled.
--> A non Axis2/C client would make a REST (HTTP POST) call to this web
service with a MIME attachment (along with some other parameters that tell
the WS what to do with the attachment).
--> Axis2/C framework on the server side delivers this request to the server
code as a SOAP message.
--> The code retrieves the attachment and the other parameters, processes
the request and returns a response.

Please let me know if what I said makes sense and if its doable.

Thanks a lot for your help!!

Subra