axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Subra A Narayanan" <aswat...@gmail.com>
Subject [Axis2/C] Attachments in Axis2/C
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2007 20:27:25 GMT
Hello folks,

Another newbie question:

>From what I understand, when a web service is called in a RESTful way,
Axis2/C framework intercepts and automatically puts the parameters in a SOAP
envelop before delivering it to the web service code. This means that a as
far as the WS code goes, all client calls are SOAP calls.

Now MTOM is specifically for SOAP. So how can a Axis2/C web service which is
called my lets say a .Net client in a RESTful way, make use of MTOM since as
far as the client goes, there is no SOAP involved.
How do we handle attachments in such cases on the client side and server
side? Any simple server side example would be much appreciated.

Subra