axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <sam...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2/C] Attachments in Axis2/C
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2007 00:49:59 GMT
Subra A Narayanan wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> Another newbie question:
>
> From what I understand, when a web service is called in a RESTful way,
> Axis2/C framework intercepts and automatically puts the parameters in
> a SOAP envelop before delivering it to the web service code. This
> means that a as far as the WS code goes, all client calls are SOAP calls.
>
> Now MTOM is specifically for SOAP. So how can a Axis2/C web service
> which is called my lets say a .Net client in a RESTful way, make use
> of MTOM since as far as the client goes, there is no SOAP involved.

If the client wants to do MTOM with server, then the client got to use
SOAP, because MTOM is for SOAP anyway.
You cannot do MTOM with REST.
> How do we handle attachments in such cases on the client side and
> server side? Any simple server side example would be much appreciated.
I am not sure how REST deals with attachments. Axis2/C currently only
supports the MTOM way of attachments. Hence there is no way as of now
that you can make a REST client access attachments with an Axis2/C
service doing MTOM.

Samisa...

--
Samisa Abeysinghe : http://www.wso2.org/ (WSO2 Oxygen Tank - Web Services Developers' Portal)