axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Dr. Florian Steinborn" <florian.steinb...@drb.insel.de>
Subject [AXIS2C] |AXIS2] codegen Problem
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2007 13:26:56 GMT
Hello group,

I stumbled on a problem of the code generation machine in AXIS2/Java.

A Java function

public float  getFloat( float f)
{
    return f;
}

is generated to a wsdl

<xs:element name="getFloat">
<xs:complexType>
<xs:sequence>
<xs:element name="param0" nillable="true" type="xs:float" />
</xs:sequence>
</xs:complexType>
</xs:element>
<xs:element name="getFloatResponse">
<xs:complexType>
<xs:sequence>
<xs:element name="return" nillable="true" type="xs:float" />
</xs:sequence>
</xs:complexType>
</xs:element>

When you try to define a function that does the same but takes no parameter

public float  getFloatWithNothing( )
{
     float i = 0;
     return i;
}

you get the generation

<xs:element name="getFloatWithNothingResponse">
<xs:complexType>
<xs:sequence>
<xs:element name="return" nillable="true" type="xs:float" />
</xs:sequence>
</xs:complexType>
</xs:element>

but the generation of something like "getFloatWithNothing" is missing.

Is that normal?

Curiously enough, the generation of the server side stub generates a
services.xml, that contains the operation

<operation name="getFloatWithNothing"/>
<operation name="getFloat"/>
</service>

but the generated server stubs in C only contain an operation definition
for "getFloat" in
axis2_getFloat.[ch] and
axis2_getFloatResponse.[ch]

For "getFloatWithNothing" I only find
axis2_getFloatWithNothingResponse.[ch]

The Java Client stubs are generated ok, but I get a generation for the
calling of an operation that is not implemented on the server side... Is
this a problem of the generator or did I call something wrong?

I used the
Apache Axis2 SNAPSHOT build (May 16 2007)
for generation.

Thanks for advice,

Flori