axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Dr. Florian Steinborn" <florian.steinb...@drb.insel.de>
Subject Re: [AXIS2C] memory management
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2007 10:43:23 GMT
Hi Samisa,

>> 3. Do I understand correctly, nobody else frees the memory if not the
>> user does it? Cannot imagine that - all the generated services would be
>> giantic memory holes...
> The model is that the user got to free it. The notion of "user got to
> free it" makes sense, as the user has control over the lifetime of the
> struct instance.

I think we had a misunderstanding. Of course the user has to free the
memory that he allocates.
I had a deeper look into the generated free-functions and see that the
axis2_skel_<servicename>_getString method is called in the "invoke" part
and the memory is freed by the automatic call of  axis2_getString_free().
If there is additional memory allocated by the user he has to free it
himself.
I see.
Thanks,

Flori