axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Dr. Florian Steinborn" <florian.steinb...@drb.insel.de>
Subject Re: [AXIS2C] memory management
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2007 07:52:19 GMT
Thanks for the answers - unfortunately it raises more questions...

1. "deep copy" - should this mean to really copy something (by allocating
new memory) and not just let a pointer to point to a certain piece of
memory?

2. The function axis2_getStringResponse_set_return() is generated. The
generated function can be seen here.

/**
   * setter for return
*/
axis2_status_t AXIS2_CALL
axis2_getStringResponse_set_return(
        axis2_getStringResponse_t* getStringResponse,
        const axutil_env_t *env,
        axis2_char_t*  param_return)
{

   AXIS2_ENV_CHECK(env, AXIS2_FAILURE);
   if(!getStringResponse)
   {
       return AXIS2_FAILURE;
   }
   getStringResponse-> attrib_return = param_return;
   return AXIS2_SUCCESS;
}

The assignment of param_return does not look like a "deep copy", right? As
far as I understood, the only files that have to be touched after
generation are the axis2_skel_<SERVICE>.c files for the business logic...

3. Do I understand correctly, nobody else frees the memory if not the user
does it? Cannot imagine that - all the generated services would be giantic
memory holes...

4. Does someone have a reference implementation of a "deep copy" to look
at?

Thanks,
Flori

On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 07:51:31 +0200, Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa@wso2.com>
wrote:

> Shailesh Srivastava wrote:
>> Once the response string is formed, you need to free the local memory
>> allocated to "retVal".
>>
> If axis2_getStringResponse_set_return method does a deep copy you can
> free retVal. This should ideally be freed by
> axis2_getStringResponse_free method, that is to be called by user.
>
> Samisa...

[...]