axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Juergen Haeussler <juergen.haeuss...@wieland.de>
Subject Antwort: Re: problems with ws and corba call in one client
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2007 13:53:04 GMT

Hi there,

we recently found the problem:

In util/src/network_handler.c - lines 239-240 the default behaviour of
socket creation through windows API gets changed:

setsockopt(INVALID_SOCKET, SOL_SOCKET, SO_OPENTYPE, (char *)&sock_opt,
              sizeof(sock_opt));

As you can find in the MSDN documentation for SOL_SOCKET Socket Options,
one should not use this options:

(Have a look at http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms740532.aspx)

As we did comment out this two lines, everything worked correctly: the WS
call and subsequent Corba calls did work correctly.

Does anybody know whom to contact for a change request?

Regards,

Jürgen Häußler (IT/Hae)

IF - Fertigungsleitsysteme, Anwendungsintegration, Web-Anwendungen

Tel.: +49 (0)731 944-6118

             Samisa Abeysinghe
             <samisa.abeysingh
             e@gmail.com>                                               An
                                             Apache AXIS C User List
             19.06.2007 11:45                <axis-c-user@ws.apache.org>
                                                                     Kopie

              Bitte antworten                                        Thema
                    an                       Re: problems with ws and
              "Apache AXIS C                 corba call in one client
                User List"
             <axis-c-user@ws.a
                pache.org>

Juergen Haeussler wrote:
> Do we have to free anything else or to close any connections to the
server
> or something like that?
> (If we have a look at our network connections via netstat, we se that the
> connection to the jboss remains opened.)

There is no need to close any connections. Please have a look at
src/core/transport/http/sender/http_sender.c line number 259.
The block of code:
    axutil_property_set_scope(property, env, AXIS2_SCOPE_REQUEST);
    axutil_property_set_free_func(property, env,
axis2_http_client_free_void_arg);
    axutil_property_set_value(property, env, sender->client);
    axis2_msg_ctx_set_property(msg_ctx, env, AXIS2_HTTP_CLIENT, property);
Is supposed to free the connection to server.
> Is there anybody who can imagine what could conflict with corba calls out
> of the same client application?

Could it be something that the JBoss server is doing, with session
management or something like that?

Samisa...

Samisa Abeysinghe : http://www.bloglines.com/blog/samisa