axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Wayne Johnson <w...@yahoo.com>
Subject [Axiscpp1.6] Problems connecting with SSL
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2007 17:30:52 GMT
I'm able to connect via SSL to our web service on one Solaris Machine, but not another.  In
the logging, I found the error:
 AxisTransportException: Cannot open a channel to the remote end.
OpenSSL error is -1 - error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0)

After doing some research, looks like this is the sort of error OpenSSL returns when it can't
complete it's handshake with the server.

I have a self signed certificate defined for localhost.  The same certificate is installed
on both systems, and I am connecting with https:localhost/...

My only guess is that I need to add a CA certificate on the client side.  (somehow the working
system must have one installed by default).  I've figured out how to do this on a Java app,
but I am not finding much on how to set it up with OpenSSL & AxisCPP.

I'm guessing it has something to do with the SecureInfo parameter in the configuration, but
I have no clue what to put in there.  The OpenSSL docs are not much help either.

Anyone have any ideas?  Any examples?  Any references?

Thanks.

---
Wayne Johnson,                         | There are two kinds of people: Those
3943 Penn Ave. N.          | who say to God, "Thy will be done,"
Minneapolis, MN 55412-1908 | and those to whom God says, "All right,
(612) 522-7003                         | then,  have it your way." --C.S. Lewis