axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <sam...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: [AXIS2C] throwing an exception from the server to the Java-client
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2007 02:22:08 GMT
Dr. Florian Steinborn wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> thanks for your ideas - I will give them a try. Anyway I thought that
> returning a fault would be a very standard way that is supported by
> the generated functions (and not to be implemented by extending given
> structs or function parameters...)
There are some improvements that we need to do to the fault handling
model. Specially with codegen we have to look into that.

As far as sending a custom fault to a customer is concerned, there are
multiple ways of doing that:
1. Return null form invoke method in case of fault and define the
on_fault method to return a fault node
2. In case of an error, create a fault SOAP envelope and set it on the
message context prameter
3. Use the technique explained by Mark

Thanks,
Samisa...